In January 2011, I'll be part of a group of six design bloggers traveling to Cologne, Germany to meet the talent behind Blanco. Blanco is one of my favorite kitchen industry manufacturers, a firm whose sensational sinks I've been writing about since I launched Gold Notes in 2008.
Their booth is a must-see whenever I attend the North American Kitchen & Bath Industry Show, as I know they'll be showing off some cool new German engineering feature when I get there! (Guess you could say they're the BMW of fixtures!)
Blanco is paying all the travel expenses for our group - Paul Anater, Susan Serra, Leslie Clagett, Cheryl Kees Clendenon, Kevin Henry and yours truly - to visit their factory and meet with their engineers and designers.
This is a rare and wonderful opportunity to share feedback and ideas with a forward-thinking firm that already makes some of the best products on the market. Chances are, too, that they'll be showing us some of the products they're working on for 2011 and beyond. How incredibly cool is that???
I'm particularly drawn to their Silgranit sinks, which offer tremendous Sensible Style benefits to their owners:
- They're extremely durable
- They're super-low maintenance
- They have numerous accessories available to make your clean-up chores easier
- They're easy to live with and maintain
- They look darned good!
For those who like their sinks sharp and sleek - the Blanco Precis!
So, here's why I'm writing this post now, rather than waiting to see all the new goodies we'll undoubtedly be shown overseas: I want your input!
Please tell me...
- What do you detest about your current kitchen sink?
- What features would you love to see in your next kitchen sink that your current one lacks?
- What sink accessories do you wish existed today?
- Is there a shape or size you wish existed that you've never found?
- Is there a color you'd love to see in a sink?
Thanks for your feedback. I'll be sharing it with the Blanco team when I get there and thaw out!
PS: I'll also be sharing some of the trends and products I'm sure I'll be seeing at the debut of IMM's Living Kitchen trade show that week!