|New Kitchen Ideas That Work - Look for it at a Home Depot or Lowe's near you|
(Photo: Taunton Press)
Here are some Sensible Style tips that you can find handsomely illustrated and explained in this full-sized, full-color volume.
It’s much more affordable to improve an existing layout than it is to change it entirely. Moving vents, electrical and plumbing often require permits, demolition and skilled trades persons. You can increase your storage potential, improve your appliance performance and update your style, all while keeping everything in its current place.
- Increase your storage potential with cabinet accessories and backsplash organizers.
- Update your style with new hardware, refacing, paint and lights, all while keeping everything in its current place.
|A backsplash organizer adds storage without remodeling|
Do you have a builder grade kitchen sink and faucet? These are fairly easy to upgrade, unless your sink is under-mounted in stone tops. As so many older homes still have laminate counters, there’s a good chance you have those, too, and can easily upgrade your fixtures.
- Improve your prep and clean-up efficiency with a modular, accessory-equipped sink.
- Add convenience and reduce germ spread with a hands-free, sensor faucet. Multiple spray functions improve its usability, too.
|Enhance your clean-up zone with a hands-free faucet|
Everyone wants performance appliances, but you probably don’t have the space for a 48 inch pro range. The good news is, you don’t need one to get better cooking capability.
- Add another oven to your kitchen with a microwave that does more than reheat and defrost; it brings convection, warming and speed cook features to your home.
- Replace an inefficient radiant cooktop with an induction model. It will give you professional class performance with amazingly easy clean up and improved safety.
|Improve cooking performance with an induction cooktop |
New Kitchen Ideas That Work covers the entire kitchen, from ceiling light fixtures to flooring options. Here are some additional Sensible Style tips to consider for your home.
- Replace outdated incandescent track lights with LED-equipped versions for better style and energy savings.
- Replace a worn, stained rug with an outdoor-rated version that will freshen the kitchen’s style and be a breeze to clean.
|Add style and low maintenance with an outdoor-friendly rug|
(Photo: Ballard Designs)
I'm proud to share that my first book has 224 pages of Sensible Style-inspired tips, 370 photos and 14 case studies of real kitchen projects around the country to educate and inspire you.