16 September 2008

S IS FOR SEPTEMBER'S SMART & STYLISH BATH STORAGE



All this hurricane and financial market turmoil has got me down a bit. So I think some retail therapy is in order. Since I need to pace myself, I'm focusing this first shopping posting on bringing you smart and stylish bathroom storage. Next week, it could be kitchen, laundry or home office storage -- you'll have to check back to find out!


Sit N' Stash

This Hamper Stool gives you a nifty place to sit and put on your socks, then toss them at the end of a work-out. You can use one of their chosen fabrics, or pick one of your own. (Ballard Designs)








Cool Meds

These M Series with Cold Storage medicine cabinets have a refrigerated section for prescriptions, face creams or other items that need to be chilled. How cool is that? You don't have to run to the kitchen for your end-of-the-day needs any more. (Robern)




Roll With It

I love the flexibility that this Newbury Rolling Bath Cart gives you. I also love its style. If you've got some extra floor space in your bathroom, consider this sleek caddy. (Roll it next to your tub to keep your bath goodies and candles close at hand.) (Restoration Hardware)





Hotelicious

I've always liked the look and practicality of hotel-style towel shelves for traditional baths. Hammacher Schlemmer ups the ante with warming capability in its Luxury Resort Towel Warming Shelf. Who doesn't love a toasty towel at the end of a bath or shower? I do! I do! (Hammacher Schlemmer)



Bamboozled

If you love the look of bamboo, but aren't quite ready to remodel your bathroom -- call me when you are! -- these Bamboo Bath Accessories from Crate & Barrel can satisfy your cravings for a while. The line includes a soap dish, soap pump, waste can, tissue cover and tray. (Crate & Barrel)



Rustic Roost

Being a Designing Woman, I get scads of home decor catalogs. This week brought a catalog I'd never heard of before, which describes its global, hand-crafted goods quite accurately as "eclectic, whimsical and unique." As I was coming up with the bath storage idea for this posting at the time it landed in my mailbox, I was delighted to spot the Iron Tower, lovingly shown with towels and votive candles. It's handsome, versatile and reasonably-priced. (At West End)









Final Words

You'll note (perhaps!) that I didn't include page links or prices with this posting. That's because items occasionally go on sale or get discontinued and I don't care to mislead my readers. So, I'm supplying links to the company sites instead and related product names.

You may also be interested in knowing that I provide local design shopping services in the Tampa Bay Area. If you need help coordinating your kitchen or bath furnishings, you can hire me to shop with you (and take advantage of my trade discounts). E-mail me at jamie@jgkitchens.com if you'd like to know more about this service.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie. I really enjoyed this post. I see you also write articles on kitchens.com blogs. Keep up the great work. Regards Julian

    ReplyDelete

Found Gold: Popular Posts from the Past!

Don't miss out on any gold -- subscribe by email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner