29 April 2010

KBIS 2010 - kitchen pros share their product picks

Since I didn't get to attend this year's Kitchen/Bath Industry Show, I asked the pros who did to share their favorite new products with Gold Notes readers. I greatly appreciate their taking the time to let us know what they loved.

Here are some KBIS 2010 finds that I particularly enjoyed learning about from these friends and colleagues. What do you think? Please share your thoughts in our comments section below.


"The item I most wanted to throw in my bag and take home was Barbara Barry's Crystal Wall Sconces. They were just stunning. They are not really a kitchen and bath product but lighting is part of making a room look finished."


Barbara Barry's Counterpoint Crystal Sconce for Kallista

Ann Porter, CKD
Kitchen Designer and Blogger
KitchAnn Style
Kitchen Studio of Naples


"One of my favorite new products from the show was Kingston's Air Elegance Body Dryer Systems. The user has total control over the air's heat and intensity and can dry off without a towel in a minute or so."


Air Elegance Body Dryer by Kingston

Steve Kleber, Design Industry Marketer and Blogger
Marketing Home Products
Kleber & Associates


"Hard to pick one favorite. Maybe the LED backlit shelf by EFI."


Backlit shelves by EFI

Mike Springer, Kitchen Designer and Blogger
Kitchen Perspective
St. Louis Kitchen and Bath


"I can answer all of your questions with two words: Jenn-Air. I think they stole the show with their new premium products. Subzero/Wolf and Viking better move over. Highlights: intuitive double ovens (won most innovative product by KBB for 2009) and built-in refrigeration[that] can meet the demands of buyers of other premium brands, not to mention, the new duct-free downdraft cooktop."


Double Wall Ovens by Jenn-Air

Morton Block, CMKBD, IIDA, Kitchen Designer and Industry Trainer
Morton Block Associates


"Out of all the wonderful things I saw in Chicago, what stands out for me is the new PuraVida collection from Hansgrohe. It's a study in serenity and the cool white and chrome exteriors hide a wealth of innovations and efficiencies. By far, my favorite component in this collection and my hands-down favorite new [KBIS 2010] product is the hand-held shower. I'm around new kitchen and bath stuff all the time and rarely do I come down with a case of I must have this. This is one of those rare occasions."


PuraVida series by Hansgrohe

Paul Anater, Kitchen Designer and Blogger
Kitchen and Residential Design


"One find that I thought was great was a Bamboo farm sink from Lenova Sinks. It's a great look to be incorporated into a transitional or contemporary kitchen while being earth friendly."

Bamboo Farmhouse Sink from Lenova Sinks

Diane Bohstedt, Kitchen Designer and Blogger
The Kitchen and Bath Project
Cabinets at Danada


Check back next week for more KBIS coverage! And take a look at the KBIS 2010 Best of Show winner, covered on Gold Notes last week.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jamie for your great blog. You continue to inspire and educate us on the world of design!
    Sincerely,
    Amanda Harolds, AKBD

    ReplyDelete

Found Gold: Popular Posts from the Past!

Don't miss out on any gold -- subscribe by email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner